My monthly challenge for August is one I didn’t put together myself. We can see this as taking a break, or we can be truthful and say I already wanted to join too many other challenges to have my own one on top of that all! A couple of days ago, I posted my TBR for Book Roast’s Magical Readathon to get my N.E.W.T.’s, but that is not all for August! I’m also participating in ARC August – hosted by Read.Sleep.Repeat – and the BookTubeAThon – hosted by Ariel.
ARC August runs throughout the entire month of August – doh – but the BookTubeAThon actually started today! Unfortunately – or fortunately depending on how you look at it – I won’t be reading a lot today since I’m on my way home from YALC, and thus London. I just know I’ll be way too tired to read – or I’ll be reading some book I got my hands on at the convention. Who knows. All I know is I’m only going to properly start the BookTubeAThon on July 31st if I’m lucky. August 1st if I’m not. This one runs until August 5th so I’ll see where I get!
If you’ve seen my N.E.W.T.’s TBR, you already have some clue about the ARC’s I want to read in August. Just for the sake of it, here they are again:
And this is where it gets tricky. I already have my ARC August TBR, I already have my N.E.W.T.’s TBR. Now I have to keep my fingers crossed for those books to fit the BookTubeAThon criteria! For the first criteria, I took four books and had them battle it out! One heads, one tails – whichever side the coin was on, won and had to take on the next book. We’re allowed to use multiple prompts for a book, so I’m doing that for once. That way I’ll have more room to do some mood-reading in between.
– Let a coin toss decide your first read [Fangirl – Rainbow Rowell]
– Read a book about something you want to do [Kitchen Princess – Miyuki Kobayashi; I want to cook more!]
– Read and watch a book to movie adaption [Northern Lights #1 – Philip Pullman]
– Read a book with green on the cover [Fangirl – Rainbow Rowell]
– Read a book while wearing the same hat the whole time [Kitchen Princess – Miyuki Kobayashi]
– Read a book with a beautiful spine [Out of the Blue – Sophie Cameron]
– Read seven books [Hollow City #2 – Ransom Riggs; A Man Called Ove – Fredrik Backman; One Day in December – Josie Silver]
So, doing the math, this means that if I follow this TBR I’ll have to read 2,473 pages in.. six days time? Oh boy.. What have I done.. [That would be 412 pages each day. Or 353 if I manage to start today already. Yikes…]
Pretty sure I’m not going to make it but one can try!
Are you joining ARC August, the BookTubeAThon and / or the Magical Readathon?