I’ve been toying with the idea for a while now, and a couple of weeks ago I finally took the first step to make that lightbulb a reality. Most of you won’t really be able to.. do something with it, since it’s directed to a very specific group of people but.. I just couldn’t not do this! Long story short: from now on, I won’t only be reviewing English books, but I’ll be making room for Dutch ones as well!
This doesn’t mean I’ll be posting everything in Dutch from now on, not at all! But you might see some reviews popping up that aren’t related to English books at all. Right now, I’m only going to focus on Dutch and Belgian authors, not on translations. That might change over time – who knows – but right now, the plan is to support more local authors and give them a voice on my blog as well.
HOW ARE YOU GOING TO DO THIS?
- I’ll be trying to read at least one Dutch book a month.
- This means I’ll have at least one Dutch review a month as well!
- If the occasion arises to do something more than only Dutch reviews, that might be added too.
BUT WHAT IF I WANT TO READ THE POST ANYWAY?
- I’m still not sure, but I might add an English part to my reviews.
- If I should decide against it eventually, you.. could use a translator?
- Or you can harrass me to add the English version anyway, haha!
So.. Prepare for this small change! It won’t influence a lot on my blog, since I still love reading in English and.. well.. I only have three Dutch books on my TBR right now. All others – over 200, yikes.. – are in English so I definitely have plenty of English books to read still.
What do you think? Good idea? Are you looking forward to it?
Would you like me to add the English translation or no?
Any other ideas are always welcome! I love adding things you might be interested in – English or Dutch!